clarissamurray

clarissamurray

My Sister, My Love: The Intimate Story of Skyler Rampike (P.S.)
Joyce Carol Oates

The Rules by Stacey Kade

The Rules  - Stacey Kade

Stacey Kade does a marvelous job setting up this story.  Although it is a romance novel, it is also so much more.  Its a thriller, with suspense, it contains comedy and simple real-life innocence.  The book is written from the point-of-view of the two main characters: Ariane and Zane.  Ariane is a hybrid half human half extra terrestrial being.  She spent her first six years in a lab, being poked and prodded, tested and trained for her "purpose."  However she hates it.  She is being trained to kill, and her human half-no her loving half, as it could come from both sides of her breeding (who am I to assume extra terrestrials are bad) knows it is wrong.  Her life is changed one night after a mysterious explosion that breaks a hole in her hell and allowing her to escape.  Ariane would have undoubtedly have stayed simply for fear of punishment had she tried to escape, however Mark Tucker enters.  He takes her away and shelters and raises her for ten more years.  Throughout these years she has five set rules which she must not break lest be recaptured and that is the last thing she wants.  But when school drama gets taken a little to far, Ariane cannot help but step in, and with the consequences of that she falls in love.  Just how far will she go to keep Zane safe, is she willing to risk her freedom? I ask you is it better to have loved and lost than never loved at all?